Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pecha Kucha Update

For my Pecha Kucha, my main author is going to be Delpit, because my service learning has clearly shown me how the culture of power works in a classroom, and how telling the students the rules of power helps them attain that power.  My other connections are going to be August (because I have a student who is transgender in one of my classes I am teaching), possibly Finn and Shor, and Johnson.  I'm not quite sure yet how I'm going to tie Finn and Shor into my Pecha Kucha, so I might not use them if i can't figure that out. For Johnson, though, his connections were apparent from the very beginning. In my service learning, all of the teachers I have been with have always made sure to tell the students things. "Say the words". It might be a little anti-johnson because the whole point of that article was that we are aware of problems in society but we choose to say nothing, however in my classes, the teachers are very aware of the problems and they always do their best to make sure that the students are also aware of those problems. I am still working on my Pecha Kucha. I know pretty much what I want to say, I just have to now figure out where i'm going to put it and how it will all fit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment